Friday, July 4, 2008

The dream is over

Frustrating ending to say the least. You get all your chips in with the best hand and you get rivered with a 4 outer.

I'm down to 10K in chips. Blinds are 200-400 with a 50 ante. I have pocket 10s in middle position and raise to 1200. Small blind calls.

Flop is Q-10-9 rainbow. Blind checks and I fire out 1500. After a pause he pushes all-in, has me covered, and I instacall with my set. He turns over KQ. I'm sure you know where this is going.

Turn is a blank and the river brings one of his 4 outs in the form of a Jack, giving him a straight and ending my tournament.

Definitely a disappointment after starting off so well, but in the end, I had all my money in with the best hand. Can't ask for much more.

Ill add my final thoughts when I get in front of a computer.

2 comments:

C.S. said...

So close to making it through the first day. Brutal exit. You did get your money in great. Tough hand. Played well though. Looking forward to your blog "My Second Main Event."

GeneD said...

Wow...that was brutal. Thanks for giving us some "sweat action" Tom...Good deal with the updates.

Maybe next year!!
GeneD